Phoenix512's Anime Blog

Spoilers will abound along with opinions of love and hate of anime.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Gundam Seed Destiny Song Ranking

I promised this for awhile now and it's here. Let's start with the OP songs from bottom to top.

4. Wings of Words by Chemistry (4th OP) - Don't get me wrong about this song. It's has some decent parts to it (non-chorus) but it doesn't feel right. The acappella feel of the song doesn't fit into the Gundam theme at all. I give them credit for this, they did a nice version of Eric Clapton's Change the World in the Wings of Words single.

3. Bokutachi no Yukue by Takahashi Hitomi (3rd OP) - This song does fit the Gundam feel and it's good especially for her first single ever in her career. The only thing going against her is that the other two songs were much better.

2. Pride by High and Mighty Color (2nd OP) - This song has a hard rock feel with nice vocals from the female singer to back the rock feel up. It was so popular that it spawn another single with six remixs of the same song. Now for the reason why isn't number one.

1. Ignited by TM Revolution (1st OP) - The group who did the 1st OP in Seed returns to the 1st OP for Destiny. I loved this song with a passion. It made so excited for the series when I saw the Destiny promo for the first time.

Now for the ED themes.

4. I Wanna Go to a Place by Rie Fu (3rd ED) - All the EDs are good songs which made this list even tougher to make. This song didn't really get me that excited to hear it unlike the other three songs. It's has less energy compared to the other three songs.

3. Reason by Nami Tamaki (1st ED) - The first ED of Destiny brings the singer of the last two OPs of Seed. She does a good job with this song but is unable to outdo the last two singers in the list.

2. Life Goes On by Mika Arisaka (2nd ED) - I loved the rising vocal part in the beginning but I was somewhat disappointed when the single came out which has the vocal middle of the song. Nevertheless, I still love the song and have the rising vocal part at the beginning with the recent Destiny Character Single (Auel X Sting) but it's TV size though.

1. Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru by See-Saw (4th ED) - See-Saw returns to sing the last ED of Destiny to finish off what they started with the first ED of Seed. I absoultely love this song above all of the other EDs.

I know it's not much for why I liked it but I don't have the ability of a decent music critic. I only know what I liked and somewhat able to feel if the song is in the right place. Before I end this post, I'm going to list the top 5 songs (not any order) from both series in my opinion.

Anna ni Isshou Datta No Ni by See-Saw
Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru by See-Saw
Ignited by TM Revolution
Life Goes On by Mika Arisaka
Invoke by TM Revolution

2 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the songs by SeeSaw!

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What about fields of Hope?

    You dont like it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home