Phoenix512's Anime Blog

Spoilers will abound along with opinions of love and hate of anime.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Futakoi Alternative 13 and Review








The crazy and insane ride known as Futakoi Alternative is over with the 13th episode as every plot point is dealt with and ended in a happy way. Some of the moments were very heart-warming and sad but once again, it ends at a very happy note. Unlike the original Futakoi, the ending isn't very open-ended and there was a conclusion to it. I really wish that all the twins would have made an appearance in the final episode but 3 out of 6 ain't bad. They even explain the appearances of Lala and Lulu which was nice.

Now, the animation was great in the beginning but towards the end, it got a little bit messy but the music was very good throughout. I did like more realisitc character designs on the twins and Rentarou but they made everyone else sort of goofy though. I was worried at first that the series was going to be all insane action but it wasn't not as it had a great story between Rentarou, Sara, and Soujyu. I wasn't thrilled when the crazy action returned though as it was kind out of place and put the story in the backseat. I think I had the spirit of the original Futakoi in mind that I turned off the crazy parts of Futakoi Alternative. As for the blogging this series, it's really hard to convey the emotions of the conversations between characters when they don't about anything important to the plot. This episode I would have an easier time to blog but with all final episodes, I won't reveal anything.

Overall, I think Rentarou put it is best about the entire series: Lately, I've been having a recurring dream. It is a totally random dream, about arranged marriages, secret societies, squid monsters, and biplanes. It'd be tiresome to explain it all logically but... Well... even though it's like that, if I were to try and sum it up in one phrase... It is probably a story about love. It started out crazy and ended crazy but the final result is happiness. I give Futakoi Alternative a 4 out of 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home