Phoenix512's Anime Blog

Spoilers will abound along with opinions of love and hate of anime.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Dropping Cluster Edge

Another series has fallen into the category on the blog called Dropped Series. It's a shameful category to be in since it requires for the series to be really bad to be a part of. Today, the fourth series to join the ranks is Cluster Edge. After watching episode 9, I realized that the series wasn't going anywhere fast. First off, they didn't have a real OP sequence until episode 9 (cheapness). Second, they shouldn't do a clip episode at seven episodes into the series especially with the next point. Third, one of the problems with the series was that they kept changing the point of view from episode to episode. For an example of what I mean by this, take episode 5 for instance. The entire episode was focused on Agate and never referred back to Beryl or the other characters. It's really hard to remember what happened to the characters if they keep not showing them.

It seems that the noble rich all boy school type anime doesn't really work well without making it boring or dull. It was annoying to see how Agate was supposed to be in school while he was doing all these things at the side. It had potential but it was wasted very quickly.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Problematic said…

    Bwhaha this makes me laugh! I dropped Cluster Edge after the second eppy.

    I am curious! How bad is eppy 7...maybe I should DL it! XD

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Joseph said…

    I actually stuck it through until the last (well known to me) fansubbed ep... which was about 18... then it was licenced and dropped... >< i actually was getting annoyed/bored... but stuck through and found... i want to watch ep 19->25... >< evil... its a tough one to watch through at some points... ZzzZzzZzz... or eyes rolls due to bordem or the likes.

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've seen the entire thing through (just finished it about three minutes ago actually ^^''). It's true that there are about three or four episodes that have at least ten-fifteen minutes worth of flashbacks (I've seen Agate shoot those planes about fifty times through =_='') but it actually does get a lot more intense near the end.

    Episode 25's got my head in knots ><. I heard there was an OVA coming out... anyone know if that's true?

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Anonymous urd-chan said…

    Pity you didn't give this one a chance. I had seen the first 12 episodes and couldn't find a source for fansubs beyond that (I'm stuck with dial-up and have to count on others to download series for me). I finally broke down and picked up the Hong Kong bootleg DVD's and watched the remaining 13 episodes over two days. Let's just say that most of the action and character development happen during the second half of the series. I now have the three-episode OVA on order - the Japanese release - which I'll have my daughters translate for me as we watch it.

    Then again, the series has definite shounen-ai undertones so it might not be for everyone. Myself - I find that part of it's charm.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home