Phoenix512's Anime Blog

Spoilers will abound along with opinions of love and hate of anime.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Okusama wa Joshikosei Review





Okusama wa Joshikosei is about a 16 year old girl named Asami who marries her high school physics teacher. Each episode has them getting into situations while trying to keep their marriage from everyone else. At first, Asami's father is the only one who knows about the marriage and made it a condition for them to get married that they can't have sexual relations until she graduates and basically stops by unannounced trying to catch them. Throughout the series, three more people get to know about the secret as well but I won't say who are those people.

Anyway, there's one reason why I watched the series and left disappointed at the end. I really wanted to know how they got married and somehow I suspected that it's something that the creator will never reveal until the end of the manga. If you thought the fanservice was bad in the anime, the manga is even more perverted like showing nipples or having Asami being a cabaret girl. The animation was subpar and didn't care much for the music at all. It was pretty bland for the most part even though Asami is just a little bit horny as she imagines having sexual relations with her Danna-sama. I didn't really care much for the characters at all and most of the episodes have been the same thing seen on other shows (that done it better).

Overall, it's a really bad series based off questionable subject material. I'll give the creator some praise for managing to get people's attention by never revealing how they got married in the first place. There are much better series out there than this one. Stay away from it at all costs. I give Okusama wa Joshikosei a 1.5 out of 5.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. It is a great show, ya there should have been more to it and I would have liked to see how they fell in love and stuff like that, but it was still great.
    I loved the characters and in Japan you can get married at 17...she was 17 not 16. I did end up disappointed at the end, but only because I wanted to see more. The nude scenes weren't that bad or even that long. Asami working in the cafeteria for the school fundraiser, that was one of the funniest episodes in the season(as there being only one. It never really did show nipples either, and yes she did have fantasies about sex with him, but you know what it made it different, the girl wanting sex more than the guy, that's different from other shows.
    The manga series of it was ended the same way(so I'm told) and there was only meant to be the 26 episodes(counting that two are in one). I also know a lot of people that watch this show and they don't care about the nudity because it IS rated 18+. I feel that you never really understood the storyline in the first place so you watched it just to try to understand it. It sends a message that love conquers all, you can't control love and that you never know where life is going to take you. It's a cute love story though (maybe a little perverted but still).
    I would give it a 4.5/5
    OH P.S--- she wasn't the only one having dreams he had one too, she also didn't have them all the time so I don't think you know the manga or anime well enough to judge it. Get your facts straight first you can look online...okie I'm going to stop rambling now and finish this comment/critique.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home