Phoenix512's Anime Blog

Spoilers will abound along with opinions of love and hate of anime.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Lamune Review







Lamune is a light-hearted series about two childhood friends named Kenji and Namani who spend their time going to school and working at their garden. They act like the perfect couple but never admit that they really love each other. Now this series suffers from a major problem which was there wasn't much conflict with the two main characters. They seemed to have problems with the other characters in the series which most of the episodes are based on. All the characters are just genertic in my eyes. It was supposed to be some romance series but it really isn't. I would say that it's more like Aria but it creates a false sense of carelessness. For being a romance series, it fails very greatly. The animation is decent and the only good music in it was the ED. I expected to have them to have some conflict over each other in the later episodes but it never happens. Maybe I expected more from the series but I was disappointed in it. I'll give Lamune a 2.5 out of 5.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger hashihime said…

    Some of us appreciated the lack of conflict. As far as I know, this series is unique in that way. It is its own genre, kind of a cross between romance and Aria-like slice-of-life. Relaxing and romantic. And Gotou Yuuko as Nanami was wooonderful. The production values were certainly not up to much, but I really enjoyed the show. I'd be giving it something closer to 4.0.

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Boulayman said…

    I, for one, actually liked the fact that there was no angst between the two characters. There is a quiet confidence in the love that unites them. No love triangle or love square whatsoever, no complicated plot. I felt it was quite refreshing and soothing. It is an anti Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien if you will.

    I would give this anime a 4.2/5.

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the series except for the last 2 episodes.... It was my absolute favorite until then....4/5

     

Post a Comment

<< Home